Sunday, November 9, 2008

San Luis Obispo

I made my way to San Luis Obispo yesterday and am staying with the Johnston twins (Daughters of the of family that I rented a house from). They showed me a wonderful time and we partied like only college kids can...beer pong! Today I stuck out on my bike to explore the area and see if I would like to live here for a few years or so. To start, I really liked the drive into the area. 101 curved through the mountains and then dropped down to the valley or whatever this flattish bit is. The town is tiny but seems to have heaps of shops and stuff happening. It was really easy to get all over by bike. The surrounding view is of big mountains and big sky. From talking to people, there are tons of bike trails, hiking trails, rock climbing, and the beach is only 10 minuets away with lots of surfing. So far so good. The campus (albeit empty) looked brand new. Tomorrow ill go visit the admissions office and talk to them about getting in and hopefully visit their wine and viticulture department. Ill also check out the climbing gym since climbers (there is a not-for-profit gym in town) tend to think along my wavelength and see what they think of the area. Tuesday Ill make my way to the coast and take 1 back north to SanFran and stay there for a day with a friend.

No comments: